2012-13 Home & School Officers
Theresa Browning, President
Kelly Sims, Vice President
Alicia Walsh, Vice President
Kelly Joseph, Secretary
Justine Folkestad, Volunteer Coordinator
Sharon House, Middle Level Coordinator
Devon Amundson, Newsletter
- Goals of the Home & School Association:
The St. Michael Catholic Home & School Association is the parent/teacher organization of St. Michael Catholic School and serves as a working committee of the Education Advisory Committee (EAC). The H & S Association has five major objectives as stated in the constitution:
1. To provide an atmosphere where parents and faculty get to know one another as a Catholic community to foster the importance of a Catholic education.
2. To provide information about the educational and spiritual programs in the school.
3. To plan fundraisers to support the school and it's programs.
4. To be supportive of and informed about the work of the Education Advisory Committee.
5. To be aware of the concerns of members of this association.
- Membership to the Home & School Association:
All parents/guardians of students are members of the Home & School Association. The President, Vice President, and Secretary are elected positions. The vice president serves as president to fulfill a two year term. The Volunteer Coordinator is an appointed position and serves with the H & S officers. The H & S officers, along with the principal, hold many informational meetings and social gatherings throughout the year to assist in achieving the objectives.
- Involvement in the Home & School Association:
The H & S Association is ALWAYS looking for parents, grandparents and community members to become more involved! Please contact a H & S Officer if you are interested in volunteering. We need lots of volunteers to make all the fundraisers and special programs a success. Our school has been blessed with the many volunteers that have stepped up to help!
- Fundraising at the St. Michael Catholic School:
The St. Michael Catholic School fundraisers are to help sustain our Catholic school. A portion of the money earned is a budgeted amount of revenue expected from fundraising activities to meet the annual budget. Any amount earned over and above the budgeted amount falls into "Excess Fundraising Dollars". This portion can be used for non-budgeted expenses such as new equipment/technology, improvements or modifications that are needed to improve the school's climate and environment for our students. The fundraising goals are based on the previous year's performance. (See "Fundraising Events" for a complete list of fundraisers).